Expertise and Experience:
Dr P K Sudarsanan Nair was born in the year 1954 in a traditional Nair family of central Travencore, Kottayam. His father Vaidya P K Kesavan nair was a renowned Ayurvedic physician belongs to a traditional lineage of Ayurvedic practitioners.
Dr P K S Nair graduated from Govt. Ayurveda College Thiruvanathapuram in the year 1979 and did his post graduation in Kayachikitsa (General Medicine)with the specialization Panchakarma from the same college in the year 1989.
Married to Dr. K.R. Indira Devi, also an Ayurvedic doctor retired as Chief Medical officer from Indian Systems of Medicine, Govt. of Kerala.
· Joined in Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences, under the Ministry of Ayush, Govt. of India in the year 1980
· Worked in various capacities at various Research Centres in India
· Retired from service as Assistant Director in Charge in the year 2014 from National Research Institute for Panchakarma after 34 years of meritorious service
· Has successfully developed specialized treatment modalities for various Neurological, Neuromuscular and Rheumatological problems out of his rich experience in clinical research & practice for over 3 decades.
Responsible Positions Held & Major Acheivements
· Principal investigator and co-investigator for many research studies.
· Involved in collaborative research activities
· Research guide for many projects
· Editorial board member for Journal of Traditional and folk practices,Dept of Ayush, Govt of India. Published by Tropical botanical garden and Research Centre. Trivandrum.
· Scientific advisory committee member, Centre of Excellence, Clinical study on Rheumatoid arthritis Vaidyaratnam oushadhasala, Ollur
· Member (Ayurvedic expert) Institutional Ethical committee for clinical research in Siddha Regional Research Institute, Trivandrum
· Resource person for many research based workshops and conferences
· Published over 40 scientific research papers and other review articles
· Presented papers and participated in numerous seminars, symposiums and workshops.
· Bhishak rathna Award-2013, awarded by Kerala Govt. Ayurveda Specialists Association.
· Won CCRAS awards and prizes for clinical study
· Video CD on Panchakarma: Prepared Video CD on Panchakarma procedures which is released in the National workshop on geriatric health care by the Hon’ble State minister for Health and family welfare .Govt of India at Habitat centre, New Delhi. Jan. 24th -2008.Now available for sale from the outlets of CCRAS.
· Geneva fest- Participated in the Geneva festival(Switzerland) deputed by Dept of Ayush & Dept. of Tourism & ITDC Govt.of India, August 4th to 14th 2011 organized by Geneva (Switzerland).
· Rendered medi-talks and health related programmes on Radio and Television.